Made with halloumi and eggplant, these veggie pigs in blankets made a great starter or appetiser.
- 1 eggplant
- Community Co Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray (proudly at home at IGA)
- 225g halloumi
- Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the eggplant into 5mm slices.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Spray the eggplant slices lightly with oil and griddle for a few minutes on each side until the slices are charred and tender.
- Cut the halloumi into 8 finger-sized sticks and place in a bowl with the lemon zest, most of the shredded basil and toss gently to coat.
- Wrap each halloumi stick in a slice of eggplant and place on the tray. Spray with a little extra oil and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 10 mins then squeeze over the lemon juice and scatter with a little extra basil to serve.