These subtly spiced muffins are a delicious Autumn treat!
- 2 large Community Co Free Range Eggs* (proudly at home at IGA)
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated pumpkin
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Juice and zest of ½ an orange
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped pecans
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
- Whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, ginger, maple syrup, orange juice and zest in a medium bowl.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix wet mixture into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until just combined. Mix in grated pumpkin, coconut, and pecans.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling to the brim.
- Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway through, until golden brown and a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean, 30–32 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving.