A healthy summer slice packed with green veggies.
- 2 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
- 2 ⅔ cups Community Co Lite Milk*
- 1 ½ cups Community Co Aussie Polenta*
- ½ cup Community Co Shredded Parmesan*
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 small zucchinis
- Community Co Sea Salt*
- Community Co Black Peppercorns*
- For the Pesto:
- 150g broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup Community Co Shredded Parmesan*
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper, leaving 5cm overhanging the long sides.
- For the pesto, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Cover and place in fridge until needed.
- Place stock and milk in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil then, stirring constantly, add polenta in a slow, steady stream. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes until thick. Stir in parmesan, ricotta and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a julienne vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice the zucchini into long, thin spaghetti-like strips. Add to polenta mixture with half the pesto and stir to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan, and with wet hands, spread out evenly. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan. Turn out onto a board and drizzle with remaining pesto.
Polenta is a wholegrain, which means all 3 layers of the grain (the bran, endosperm and germ) have been left intact. Wholegrains have much higher levels of a range of different vitamins and minerals and have even been shown to improve cholesterol levels!