A lighter, healthier cannelloni that’s just as delicious as the traditional version.
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 2 Community Co free range eggs*
- 3 – 4 zucchinis, thinly sliced into 24 long slices using a mandolin or a sharp knife
- 1 ½ cups fresh ricotta
- 2 cups Community Co Baby Spinach*, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 2 cups of Community Co Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce*
- ½ cup Community Co Shredded Mozzarella Cheese*
- 1 tsp Community Co Sea Salt*
- 1 tsp Community Co Black Peppercorns*
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the peas in a colander and rinse them under hot running water to thaw. Drain well and place in a big bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, roughly mash the peas.
- Crack the eggs on top of the peas and add the ricotta, spinach, lemon rind and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well with a spatula.
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture at one end of each slice of zucchini. Roll up the slices to enclose the filling.
- Pour the passata into a 22cm x 30cm baking dish. Nestle the zucchini rolls into the dish so they fit snugly. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool a little before serving.
Peas are a surprising source of protein, in fact, 1 cup provides 7g!