This vegetarian take on puttanesca sauce is a great source of protein and fibre.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g jar of artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- ⅓ cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup feta
- Community Co Sea Salt*
- Community Co Black Peppercorns*
- To serve (optional): Garlic Bread
How to make:
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until just beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add the diced tomatoes and bring the pan to a simmer.
- Add the cannellini beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, olives, and capers. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the puttanesca among four serving bowls. Garnish each with parsley and crumbled feta and serve with a side of garlic bread.