Weet-Bix roll up pancakes are a fun way to deliver a source of fibre – served with a twist the kids will love. They can even help make them!
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Weet-Bix
- 2 small whole eggs
- 200ml reduced fat milk or milk alternative
- 100ml water
- rice bran oil for frying
- 3 bananas
- 6 plums (fresh or stewed)
- 6 tbsp low fat yoghurt to serve
How to make:
- Sift the flour and combine with salt, brown sugar and finely crushed Weet-Bix.
- Slowly add eggs until mixture is well combined. Add the milk, small amounts at a time, and mix until smooth.
- Finally add the water to the desired thickness.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a 25 cm non-stick fry pan and pour in 60ml (¼ cup) of pancake mix. Ensure you move the pan around until the mixture fills the bottom.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes, until lightly brown and then flip and repeat.
- Roll banana in pancake, cut into lengths and top with plums and yoghurt.
Weet-Bix roll up pancakes aren’t just great for breakfast – pack them in the lunch box to put fuel in your tank during the day.
This healthy recipe was created by the nutrition team at Sanitarium Health Food Company. You can find this one and hundreds more here.