This veggie stir fry is a great option for a simple, healthy, midweek meal!
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 300g firm tofu or tempeh, sliced into rectangles
- 2 medium heads broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
How to make:
- In a large fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium high heat. Add tempeh or tofu in a single layer, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add ½ tablespoon sesame oil to the same pan. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add ½ cup water and continue to sauté; when the water cooks out (about 1 minute), add ginger, capsicum, carrot, green onion, and another pinch of salt. Sauté until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the tofu or tempeh and teriyaki sauce and stir together until everything is coated with sauce. Serve over brown rice and garnish with sesame seeds.