Perfect for finger food at your next party, this vegetarian alternative to sausage rolls is lower in saturated fat, full of flavour, and sure to be a hit with your guests!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 sheets canola puff pastry, reduced-fat
- 1 tbsp soy milk, for glazing
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
How to make:
- Process eggs, pecans, onion, soy sauce and cottage cheese in a food processor until fine. Transfer to a bowl and mix in bread crumbs and oats.
- Cut pastry sheet in half and spoon mixture along one edge. Brush other edge with soy milk. Roll to enclose filling with pastry and repeat with remaining pastry sheets.
- Cut each log into 6 even lengths. Brush with soy milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden.