Leftover veggies in the fridge? Use them to cook up these delicious mini pies.
- 250g pumpkin, peeled, seeds scooped out, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Community Co Sea Salt*
- 1 cup ricotta
- ½ cup Community Co Shredded Parmesan Cheese*
- 8 x 20cm flour tortillas
- 1 Community Co free range egg*, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Optional: Add any other leftover vegetables or swap with the above.
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the vegetables on one of the trays. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer the cooled vegetables to a big bowl and re-line the tray. Add the ricotta and parmesan to the vegetables and mix.
- Arrange the tortillas on a clean bench top. Spoon ½ cup of the filling onto each tortilla, leaving a 1.5cm border. Using a pastry brush, brush the borders with a little of the egg and fold the tortillas over to enclose. Seal edges with a fork.
- Place the pies on the trays and brush with the egg. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pies from the oven and cool before serving.