These healthy toffee apples make a great Easter treat.
- 4 large apples
- 4 craft sticks
- For the caramel sauce:
- ¼ cup Community Co Coconut Oil* melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- To garnish:
- ¼ cup of Community Co Pistachios*, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
How to make:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Peel the apples and inset a craft stick into each apple.
- Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup together in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the almond butter, vanilla extract and salt for about 30 seconds until fully incorporated and very smooth. Cook until thick and coated well on spoon.
- Dip each apple into the sauce to coat before rolling in the coconut and crushed pistachios.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes before serving.