This delicious strawberry chia jam is refined-sugar free and uses only 3 ingredients.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup Community Co Black Chia Seeds (proudly at home at IGA)
You will also need a couple of clean, recycled jars.
How to make:
- Add the strawberries to a saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Cook until the strawberries break down and become more liquid-like (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Mash the fruit with the back of a spatula or a potato masher. You can make it as smooth or as lumpy as you’d like here for the texture of the jam.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the honey.
- Add the chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes, or until thickened. The jam will continue to thicken, especially once refrigerated, but if you’d like a thicker consistency, particularly with very high-liquid fruits, you can stir in more chia seeds 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Once the jam has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to a jar or jars.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can try making this jam with different types of fruit such as blueberries, raspberries or blackberries.