Make the most of fresh Spring veggies with this delicious lasagne.
- 30g Community Co Butter Blend Spread*
- 10 Community Co Fresh Lasagne Sheets*
- ¼ cup plain Community Co Flour*
- 1½ cups Community Co Lite Cream Milk*
- 1 cup Community Co Shredded Mozzarella cheese*
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 2 zucchinis, cut into ribbons
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. To make the white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in the milk and return to heat. Stir constantly for 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add asparagus, zucchini and onion. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Add spinach to pan. Cook for 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon. Squeeze out excess moisture when cool enough to handle. Roughly chop.
- Cover the base of a rectangular ovenproof dish with ⅔ cup of the white sauce. Layer ¼ lasagne sheets trimmed to fit. Layer the first mixture, peas and ⅓ ricotta. Top with ⅓ of remaining lasagne sheets, ½ the spinach, and ½ the remaining ricotta. Repeat. Top with remaining lasagne sheets and remaining white sauce. Arrange tomato and basil leaves on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and pasta is tender. Serve with extra basil leaves.