These scrumptious salt and vinegar smashed potatoes make a great side dish.
- 1kg baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tbsp Community Co Sea Salt*
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup Community Co Extra Virgin Spanish Olive Oil*
- Community Co Black Peppercorns*
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, or dill, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
How to make:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven to 220°C.
- Combine the potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and sea salt in a medium saucepan; add water to cover by a couple of centimetres. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to saucepan. Add butter and gently toss the potatoes to coat. Transfer potatoes to the baking tray, spreading them out in a single layer. Use a heavy mug or glass to smash each potato.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and turn with a spatula. Drizzle with olive oil and return to oven for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons vinegar. Top with herbs, chives, and black pepper and sea salt to taste. Serve.