Enjoy these tasty stuffed capsicums for a simple, colourful lunch or dinner.
- ½ cup Risoni
- 4 med to large red capsicums, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh oregano sprig
- 1 cup pine nuts toasted and chopped
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 200g feta cheese, divided in half
- Community Co Salt and Pepper (Proudly at home at IGA)
- Cherry Tomato Salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Halve the capsicums, scoop out and remove the seeds. Place in baking tray with salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes until a little charred.
- Meanwhile, boil Risoni for 10 minutes or as per packet directions. Drain and add a little olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and pine nuts for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the Risoni, lemon zest, olives and half the feta cheese. Mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix cherry tomatoes, basil, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Stuff baked capsicums with the mix and top with the cherry tomato salad. Crumble remaining feta over the top and serve.