Serve them as a snack or as a main with salad or veggies – either way these delicious pasties are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
40 – 50 mins
- 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 Community Co free range egg, lightly whisked (Available at your local IGA store)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine pumpkin and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Place pumpkin on lined baking tray and roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl and mash. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the spinach and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Combine the mashed pumpkin, spinach mixture and feta a large bowl. Season with a little more salt and pepper if needed.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut four 12cm-diameter discs from each pastry sheet. Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly between each disc. Brush the edge of the pastry with egg, fold pastry over to enclose filling and press edges together to seal. Place on the lined tray. Brush lightly with egg. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden. Serve immediately.