Did you know that potato skins contain more nutrients than potato flesh?
16 mini pizzas
- 8 baby potatoes (try chat, new or salad potatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Community Co Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce*
- 1 cup Community Co Shredded Mozzarella*
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place potatoes in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Allow the potatoes to cool before cutting each one in half. Use a teaspoon to scoop the filling out, leaving a thin layer of potato (save the potato flesh to make mashed potato!)
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, skin side up.
- Brush with olive oil then sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake skins for 10 minutes or until the skin is browned and a bit crispy.
- Turn the grill on.
- Flip the potato skins over so the bowl side is facing up. Fill each potato skin with about 1½ tsp of pizza sauce, then top with grated cheese and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
- Place potato skins under the grill for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.