This creamy potato curry is comforting and nourishing
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in 1½ cups of water for at least 30 minutes
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
How to make:
- Transfer the soaked cashews and their water into a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place the potatoes and 2 cups of water in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the blended cashews and cauliflower and simmer for 5 minutes. If the sauce begins to dry out, add a little more water.
- Add potatoes, butter beans and green peas, stir to combine and cook until cauliflower is completely cooked.
- Add baby spinach and stir through until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and serve over rice.