Use your leftover mashed potatoes to make these crispy cheesy potato cakes!
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and cooled
- 2 Community Co Free Range eggs*
- 1 cup Community Co Shredded Parmesan* plus extra 1/2 cup
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Community Co Olive Oil Spray* for frying
How to make:
- Place the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and mash well using a potato masher.
- Add the egg, parmesan, parsley, chives, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Scoop up about a ½ cup of the potato mixture and form it into a patty.
- Place about a ½ cup of parmesan into a shallow dish. Roll the patties in the parmesan to coat.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large, non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the potato patties, and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they turn golden brown.