These dairy-free passionfruit bliss bars make a delicious afternoon treat.
4 hours in freezer
- For the base:
- ½ cup Community Co Natural Cashews*, lightly toasted
- ½ cup Community Co Aussie Macadamias*, lightly toasted
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup chopped Community Co Pitted Dates*
- 1 tbsp Community Co Coconut Oil*
- Pinch Community Co Sea Salt*
- For the topping:
- 2 cups Community Co Aussie Macadamias* soaked in cold water for 4 hours
- ½ cup melted Community Co Coconut Oil*
- 200ml pineapple juice
- 75ml strained fresh passionfruit juice (about 8-10 passionfruit)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed
- Extra passionfruit pulp, to serve
How to make:
- Rinse soaked macadamias under cold running water and drain.
- Grease base and sides of an 18cm square cake pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the macadamias, cashews and desiccated coconut in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add dates, coconut oil and salt. Process until well combined. Press into base of prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Use a high-speed blender to blend soaked macadamias, coconut oil, juices and maple syrup until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the passionfruit pulp. Pour over prepared base. Place in freezer for 4 hours or until set.
- Cut into bars. Top with extra passionfruit pulp. Store in a lined airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.