Nutritious and full of flavour, this couscous makes a great side dish.
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 cup pearl couscous (Israeli couscous)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tbsp sliced basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Bring stock and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the couscous sit for 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, capsicum, olives, shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the tomato mixture to the pan and sauté until tomatoes are softened and a sauce forms, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked couscous, parsley, and basil and feta to the tomatoes, stir gently to combine.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper to taste.