Make the most of mango season with this delicious slice!
- 500g packet of frozen mangos, thawed or flesh of 2 – 3 large mangos
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cups finely crushed digestive biscuits
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 x 220g packets of cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Community Co Free Range Eggs* (Proudly at home at IGA)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a 20cm x 20cm square baking pan with butter and then line with baking paper.
- Blend mangos in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to saucepan over medium heat and add corn starch. Cook and stir until thickened and reduced, for just a few minutes. Then set aside.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press the mix firmly into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden. Remove and allow to cool while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Pour over crust.
- Dollop mango mixture by spoonfuls over batter. Gently swirl with knife or spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centre is set. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 12 squares.