The perfect finger-food for kids, these nuggets are a great source of protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 cup Community Co Tasty Shredded Cheese (Proudly at home at IGA)
- ½ cup frozen peas and corn
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Blitz the lentils, carrot and zucchini in a food processor until well combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cheese, peas, corn and herbs and blitz again to combine.
- Form the mixture into approximately 15 golf ball-sized balls. Place on the baking tray and flatten with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Allow the nuggets to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 48 hours.