Celebrate the festive season with this delightful healthy platter.
For the Cheddar Poppy Seed Crackers:
- cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup of Community Co Rolled Oats*
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup Community Co Shredded Tasty Cheese*
- ¼ cup Community Co Shredded Parmesan Cheese*
- 100g butter
- 1 Community Co Free Range Egg*
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Community Co Sea Salt
- 5 tbsp water
For the pesto:
- 2 red capsicums, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup dry roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the platter:
- 500g Community Co Tasty Cheese Cubes
- 500g green grapes
- 500g red grapes
- 1 punnet of berries (such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries)
- 1 x 6 cm piece of celery
How to make:
- In a food processor, add all the cracker ingredients except the water and process until mixture comes together and balls around the bowl. If the mix remains a breadcrumb texture, then add a little water slowly (up to 1 tbsp). If the mixture appears wet, add a little flour until the consistency is like pastry.
- When the dough is ready, turn onto a sheet of baking paper and roll out in a rectangle to around 0.25 – 0.5cm thick.
- Lay flat in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and preheat your oven to 180°C.
- When the dough has chilled use cookie cutters to cut out your desired cracker shapes or a pizza cutter to easily cut your crackers into squares.