This delicious frittata makes a healthy and delicious vegetarian lunch or dinner.
- 2 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch kale washed and trimmed (you can also use silver beet or swiss chard)
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 100g feta
- ½ cup of Community Co Shredded Parmesan Cheese*
- 6 Community Co free range eggs*
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- Small handful pine-nuts (optional)
- Community Co Black Peppercorns*
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the kale leaves from the stalks. Finely chop the stalks and set aside. Finely chop the leaves and set aside separately.
- In a heavy based pot, sauté the leeks and kale stalks in olive oil until softened.
- Add kale leaves and cook through until soft and wilted.
- Add baby spinach leaves and stir through. Remove pot from the heat.
- Break eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly until combined. Pour the eggs over the greens and gently stir through.
- Crumble the feta and gently stir through.
- Season with black pepper and stir through the lemon juice and parsley.
- Spoon mixture into a medium-sized pie dish and sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until firm to the touch and golden.