These fun Halloween-inspired quesadillas are perfect for a quick and easy pre-trick-or-treat meal.
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 packet of Community Co Shredded 3 Blend Cheese
- 1 packet of Community Co Wholemeal Tortillas
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add water in a pot over medium heat. Add spices and stir. Add black beans, then
bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, then mash to
desired consistency. Rest covered, for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut out Jack-O-Lantern faces in 4 of the tortillas.
- Place the uncut tortillas onto the baking tray. Make sure they don’t overlap.
- Get the kids in the kitchen! They can spread some of the bean mix onto the base of
the uncut tortillas and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the Jack-O-Lantern faces over the top and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top tip: These quesadillas taste great with a simple guacamole (just mash a ripe avocado and mix with lemon juice).