This cheesy vegetarian dish is a delicious, easy alternative to lasagne.
- 4 medium eggplants, each cut into 6 rounds
- 1 cup Community Co Shredded Parmesan Cheese*
- 1 tsp Community Co Sea Salt*
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 3 cups Community Co Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce*
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place eggplant on trays in a single layer, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggplant begins to turn golden brown. Remove eggplant from the oven.
- Select the 4 largest slices of eggplant and turn them over. Layer with mozzarella, pasta sauce and parmesan. Repeat the layers, finishing with sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.