A quick and easy version of the traditional Turkish favourite.
- For the dough:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 100g Community Co Greek Yoghurt*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- For the filling:
- 2 handfuls Community Co Baby Spinach Leaves*
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ½ tsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Lemon wedges to serve
How to make:
- Combine the ingredients for the dough together in a bowl, then knead briefly on a floured bench until just smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half out to form a very thin circle, about 30-35cm in diameter, dusting with more flour as necessary.
- For the filling, put a handful of baby spinach leaves, a handful of crumbled feta and a sprinkle of dried mint and sumac on one half of each circle.
- Fold the exposed pastry over the top of the filling.
- Seal edges closed by rolling and folding the dough edge closed, expelling any air.
- Heat a good glug of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat and cook the gozleme one at a time for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Transfer to a chopping board, cut into pieces and serve immediately with lemon wedges