A creamy, deliciously decadent vegan ice cream.
2-3 hours (in the freezer)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
How to make:
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds, and scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor or high-powered blender along with all remaining ingredients. Blend on high until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides to ensure everything gets fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and spread it into an even layer and place in freezer.
- After 1 – 2 hours, remove the pan from the freezer and stir the ice cream, scraping down the corners to ensure frozen edges are mixed in with the still-soft centre. Place back in the freezer and stir again every 30 minutes until ice cream reaches your desired consistency. Serve immediately or cover and keep covered in the freezer for up to a week. Once frozen overnight the ice cream will need to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to let it soften up a bit before scooping.