A nutritious twist on a classic family favourite!
- 600g Community Co macaroni or shells*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch thyme
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups Community Co Shredded 3 Cheese Mix*
- 2 tsp Community Co Dijon Mustard*
- 1 tsp Community Co Sea Salt*
- ½ tsp Community Co Black Pepper*
How to make:
- Heat the grill to its highest setting and bring a large pan of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta for 4 mins. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water.
- For the sauce, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, thyme and bay leaves and boil for 5 minutes to infuse water.
- Add the cauliflower and cook until very tender (7 to 10 minutes). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet or medium bowl out of the water, leaving the herbs and garlic behind in the pot (do not drain the pot).
- Place ½ of the cauliflower in a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Scoop out ¾ cup of the cooking liquid and add it to the blender along with 1½ tablespoons of oil. Blend until very smooth, about 1½ minutes. Transfer the purée to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower, ¾ cup of cooking liquid, and remaining 1½ tablespoons of oil; transfer to the same bowl.
- Add cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper into the purée and whisk to combine. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed; set aside.
- Tip the pasta into a large casserole dish and stir through the cheese sauce. Mix together the garlic, breadcrumbs and thyme, and scatter over the top. Grill for 2-3 mins until bubbling.