Kids can have fun assembling their own burritos with this delicious filling.
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- To serve:
- Your choice of soft tortillas, grated cheese, fresh coriander, sliced avocado, Greek yoghurt, guacamole etc.
How to make:
- Add all the burrito bowl ingredients (not toppings) to a pot and mix well. Put the lid on the pot and simmer on stove top for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is cooked.
- Serve warm and have the kids assemble their own burritos with additional fillings of their choice.