A unique twist on traditional tabbouleh
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 cup diced Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
How to make:
- Combine the diced cucumber and tomato in a large bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt. Stir, and let the mixture rest for at least 10 minutes. Strain off and discard the cucumber and tomato juice that has accumulated in the bottom of the bowl.
- Pulse the cooked broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped and set aside.
- In a small measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add the quinoa, broccoli, parsley, mint and spring onion to the bowl with the cucumber and tomato mixture. Pour over the dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Allow the salad to rest for 15 minutes before serving.