This pesto reduce food waste and has an added nutrient boost!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour then drained
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (stems included)
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower (stems included)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 bunch herbs of choice (such as basil, flat leaf parsley or coriander) chopped, including stems
How to make:
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower until tender.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth.
Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to one week or in freezer for up to 6 months.