This delicious, flavoursome vegetarian dish makes a great side or light meal.
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 3 cups rocket leaves
- 1½ tsp. cumin, divided
- 2 tsp Community Co Sea Salt*
- 1 tsp Community Co Black Peppercorns*
- 1 block Greek feta, sliced 2 cm thick
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- For the Dressing:
- ½ cup Community Co Greek Yoghurt*
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- To Serve:
- Toasted sourdough bread
- Lemon wedges
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large heatproof pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6–8 minutes. Add kale in handfuls, letting wilt before adding another handful, and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crispy yet tender, about 5 minutes. Add the rocket in handfuls and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted.
- Add ½ tsp cumin powder and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then add 1 cup water. Lay feta over greens and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until feta is soft, 10–12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and just beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 2 minutes. Add chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp around the edges, 8–10 minutes. Add remaining 1 tsp. cumin and toss to combine.
- Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
- Scatter chickpeas over greens and feta. Dollop with lemon yogurt and serve with lemon wedges and toast.