These baked tahini eggplants make a great side dish or main.
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Community Co Greek Yoghurt*
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
- Community Co Sea Salt*
- Community Co Black Peppercorns*
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C, grill setting.
- Cut the eggplants in half and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray in the oven and cook for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and carefully scrape the flesh from the skin. Place eggplant flesh into a food processor with the tahini, garlic cloves, lemon juice, maple syrup, 1 tbsp yoghurt, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture back into each eggplant skin.
- Top with yoghurt, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint before serving.