A simple spring recipe packed with flavour and nutrients. Asparagus is a great source of folate, fibre and vitamins A, C, E and K.
- 450g asparagus
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 green onions (scallions), sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Bring 2 cups of stock to a boil in a saucepan and add risoni. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until risoni is tender and liquid absorbed. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Trim off the bottom end of the asparagus and discard. Chop the asparagus into small pieces.
- Bring 1 cup of water to the boil in a small pan. Add the chopped asparagus and cover. Leave to steam for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Be careful not to overcook! Drain and set aside.
- Combine cooked asparagus, risoni, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and onions in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!