Commemorate Anzac day with a delicious lunch box treat
- 1 cup rolled oats. Gluten intolerant? Did you know that Community Co has a great gluten free range? Try substituting oats for Community Co Gluten Free muesli
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g butter
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except the bicarbonate of soda, in a bowl.
- Place butter, honey and 2 tablespoons of water into a pot over medium heat.
- Stir for 2 mins or until melted, then add bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir butter mixture through oat mixture.
- Place on baking tray and press firmly. Bake for 25 mins, cool in the tray for 10, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Cut into slices.