These simple, wholesome cookies take just 15 minutes to make!
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- crushed cacao nibs, crushed nuts and/or seeds of choice – to garnish
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almond butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly until smooth and blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add almond meal to the almond butter mixture and mix until a rough dough forms.
- Wet hands and roll 1-2 tablespoons worth of the dough in the palm of your hands into a ball. Place on the prepared tray and flatten slightly with your fingertips.
- If decorating, press the toppings (nuts, seeds etc) on top of the cookies in the centre. Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Switch off the oven and let the cookies brown slightly in the hot oven for another 5 minutes before removing.
- Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight containers at room temperature for up to a week.