With Halloween just hiding around the corner, we’ve rounded up some creative Halloween decorations for you and the kids to make (with surprising objects), along with some delicious and nutritious trick-or-treat snacks to be devoured by all.
Spooky DIY Decorations
1. Toilet Roll Bats
What you’ll need:
- Empty toilet rolls (as many as you want or have)
- Black and/or coloured paint and paint brush
- OR 2-3 sheets of black, white and/or coloured paper (try to use recycled paper or what you already have around the house)
- Googly eyes (if you don’t have these, paint the eyes or use paper to cut some out)
- Kid friendly scissors
- Sticky tape
Let’s get going!
- Either paint your toilet rolls in any colour, stand, and let dry completely, or cover your toilet rolls in black or coloured paper. Stick down with glue or sticky tape.
- With a pencil, draw some bat wings and cut them out with scissors. Stick the wings onto the middle of the toilet roll with glue.
- With paper, cut small circles for eyes, and cut out teeth or fangs with white paper, stick them on with glue. If you have them, stick your googly eyes on now.
- Cut any length of string and sticky tape one end to the bottom, inside of your toilet roll.
- Hang your spooky bats wherever to begin the Halloween fun…