WIN the Cost of Your Shop Back at IGA
Metcash Trading Limited (Supermarkets NATIONAL, NSW & ACT) ABN 61 000 031 569, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 1300 366 004
Start date: 01/02/23 at 07:00 am AEDT
End date: 28/02/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC, NT and WA residents. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
Instant Win Entry
To enter the Promotion for the chance to win an Instant Win Prize (defined below), entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) Purchase at least one (1) participating product (participating products are subject to change throughout the promotion and will be marked at Participating Stores) from any IGA, IGA Xpress, The Local Grocer or Supa Valu store within Australia which displays advertising for this Promotion (“Qualifying Spend”);
b) Upon completing a Qualifying Spend, entrants will be prompted to scan the promotion’s QR code or visit the promotion’s URL www.iga.com.au/win to enter their details and submit their entry into the promotion.
Upon entry, the entrants will be asked to provide the following information:
• First name
• Last name
• Phone (optional)
• Receipt amount
• Store of purchase
c) A time-based algorithm will determine whether or not they have won an Instant Win Prize. Winner/s will be notified instantly on-screen. Instant Win Prizes available to be won are listed below.
For clarity, Qualifying Spends specifically excludes tobacco, gaming and/or liquor purchases.
Weekly Draw Entry
Entrants who complete the above instant win entry mechanic are also eligible to enter a Weekly Draw (defined below). To enter a Weekly Draw, entrants must complete and submit the form mentioned above. Entrants who receive an Instant Win Prize will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Weekly Draw. Entrants who complete the form but do not receive an Instant Win Prize, will receive two (2) entries into the relevant Weekly Draw.
Proof of Purchase:
Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt. Entrants who win an Instant Win Prize will be asked to provide a picture of their receipt for the promoter to validate their win.
Important note: all entrants must retain their original purchase receipt or online invoice for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) or invoice(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase (for in-store purchases) and the date of purchase on the receipt(s) or invoice(s)/online order confirmation must be during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
IGA, IGA Xpress, The Local Grocer, Supa Valu stores within Australia which display advertising for this Promotion.
Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) for every entry submission, an entrant will receive: one
(1) entry into a Weekly Draw if the entry results in winning an Instant Win Prize, or two (2) entries into a Weekly Draw if the entry does not result in winning an Instant Win Prize; (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of one (1) submission per day. Double entries will be deemed invalid.
Customers who scan their rewards card upon making a Qualifying Spend at a Participating Store will gain one (1) entry into the Weekly Reward Draw for the chance to win the cost of their shop back (details of prize outlined below).
Metcash Gift Card Prizes
To redeem an IGA Gift Card prize, the winner must:
a) Complete the claim form in the promotion microsite as promoted;
b) Submit a picture of their purchase receipt; and then
c) Submit the fully completed prize redemption form (including entering residential address) before exciting the microsite.
Up to AUD $1,029,400
|Prize Description||Number of this prize||Value||Winning Method|
|Weekly Draw Prizes|
|Weekly Draw Prize: The prize is AUD$5,000.00 paid by cheque payable to the winner (or via EFT to a bank account in the winner’s name, upon winner’s request). If winner elects to receive prize via EFT, the winner must provide their bank account details to the Promoter in order for the prize to be awarded. Failure to provide information will result in the prize being forfeited.||4 (1 per draw)||Per prize: AUD$5,000.00
|Draw: computerised random selection – 02:30 pm AEDT, on 10/02/23, 17/02/23,
24/02/23 and 03/03/23.
|Instant Win Prizes|
|Instant Win Prize: The prize is a Metcash Gift Card of equal value to the total amount of the receipt submitted upon entry (up to a maximum of $350), redeemable at participating IGA stores.||Up to 2,800||Per prize:
Equal value to the total amount of the receipt submitted upon entry
Total value:Up to $980,000
|Weekly Rewards Prize: The prize is a Metcash Gift Card of equal value to the total amount of the transaction made upon scanning a rewards card (up to a maximum of $350), redeemable at participating IGA stores.||21 winners per Weekly Draw (a total of 84 winners)||Per prize:
Equal value to the total amount of the receipt submitted upon entry.Up to $29,400
|Draw: computerised random selection – 02:30 pm AEDT, on 14/02/23, 21/02/23,
28/02/23 and 07/03/23.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a gift card is not included. Any unused balance of a gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
The maximum value available for each Metcash Gift Card is $350. For example, if a winner’s winning spend is $50, they will receive a Metcash Gift Card to the value of $50. If a winner’s winning spend is $500, they will receive a Metcash Gift Card to the value of $350.
For clarity, Qualifying Spends will be rounded up to the nearest whole dollar amount. For example, if a winner’s
spend is $49.30, they will receive a Metcash Gift Card to the value of $50.
Entrants will be shown if they have won an instant win prize immediately upon submitting their entry form and receiving the winner message.
Weekly Draw Prize winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the draw. Weekly Draw Prize winners will also be published online at www.iga.com.au/win from 10/03/23.
Weekly Rewards Prize winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the draw. Weekly Rewards Prize winners will also be published online at www.iga.com.au/win from 10/03/23.
A draw for any unclaimed Weekly Draw Prize(s), Weekly Reward Prize(s) and Instant Win Prize(s) valued at over
$100 that have been won but not claimed (if any) will take place on 05/06/23 at 02:30 pm AEST at Creata, Unit 6, 3 Central Avenue, Thornleigh NSW 2120. Winners (if any) will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners of any unclaimed Weekly Draw Prize will be notified publicly (and their details published) online at www.iga.com.au/win from 13/06/23.
|Weekly Draw||Entries Open||Entries Close||Draw Date|
|1||01/02/23 at 07:00 am AEDT||07/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT||10/02/23|
|2||08/02/23 at 12:00am AEDT||
14/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT
|3||15/02/23 at 12:00am AEDT||
21/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT
|4||22/02/23 at 12:00am AEDT||
28/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT
|Weekly Rewards Draw||Entries Open||EntriesClose||Draw Date|
|1||01/02/23 at 07:00 am AEDT||07/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT||14/02/23|
|2||08/02/23 at 12:00am AEDT||14/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT||21/02/23|
|3||15/02/23 at 12:00am AEDT||21/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT||28/02/23|
|4||22/02/23 at 12:00am AEDT||28/02/23 at 11:59pm AEDT||07/03/23|
a) The first valid entry drawn in each Weekly Draw will be the winner of the Weekly Draw Prize specified in the Schedule above. The first twenty-one (21) valid entries drawn in each Weekly Rewards Draw will be the winner of the Weekly Rewards Prize specified in the Schedule above.
b) The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. Instant Win:
a) Winners will be shown immediately after submitting their entry if they have won by the message on displayed on their screen.
b) 100 instant wins per day awarded up to the value of $350 (depending on spend) per winner.
c) The total prize pool is valued at up to: $1,029,400.
d) Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
8. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
9. Subject to the Unclaimed Prize Draw, if any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
10. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
11. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt or online invoice for all entries as proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for each entry (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) or invoice(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase (for in-store purchases) and the date of purchase on the receipt(s) or invoice(s)/online order confirmation must be during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
12. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
13. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
14. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
15. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
16. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal information will be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act
17. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
18. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner’s behalf.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
20. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
21. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of / taking of the prize.
23. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure, epidemic, pandemic or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
25. Incomplete, indecipherable and incorrect entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win.
26. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
29. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
31. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.