1. Place the pork, trimmed of all excess fat, in a large slow cooker (approx. 6.5 litres). Season with thyme, sea salt and cracked pepper.
2. Add in the dried fruit and the BBQ sauce*
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
4. Using two forks, shred the pork and stir it into the fruit sauce
5. Sit for 10 minutes before serving.
2 kg pork leg, bone out. Remove outer layer of fat and discard
375 g packet mixed dried fruit
1 cup BBQ sauce
Perfect for entertaining large groups. Prepare a big batch ahead of time and feed plenty of hungry mouths fast!
*Fountain’s Spicy Red Sauce is Gluten free or McCormick’s Vintage Smokehouse BBQ Sauce is also delicious.
Did you enjoy this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this recipe.
Amazing flavour and a huge hit with our guests!
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Join today for exclusive healthy recipes and tips that matter to locals like you.
Subscribe for free delicious weekly recipes, plus the latest offers, competitions and more!
© 2022 IGA Recipes.