1. Mix together the cumin and cinnamon and add 1½ teaspoons sea salt.
2. Rub the mix all over the chicken.
3. Let sit for at least one hour (even overnight in the refrigerator).
4. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast-side up and loosely cover with foil.
5. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the apricot jam in a small saucepan until warm and runny.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven, and baste well with the apricot jam.
8. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C.
9. Return the chicken to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes, basting the chicken again halfway through, until the glaze is bubbling and ‘golden’.
10. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 kg whole chicken
1/3 cup (80ml) apricot preserves
Spice things up with a delicious roast chicken that’s sure to be a crowd favourite.
Did you enjoy this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.4 / 5. Vote count: 8
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this recipe.
Join now to receive exclusive recipes, offers, and healthy tips that matter to locals like you.