IGA National Summer BBQ Consumer Promotion 2018
Terms & Conditions
|Promotion:||IGA National Summer BBQ Consumer Promotion 2018|
|Promoter:||Metcash Trading Limited ABN 61 000 031 569, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 02 9741 3000|
|Promotional Period:||Start date: 03/01/18 at 07:00 am AEDT
End date: 27/02/18 at 11:59 pm AEDT
|Eligible entrants:||Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.|
|How to Enter:||To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) purchase one (1) or more Participating Product/s (defined below) in a single transaction (“Qualifying Transaction”) from any IGA, SUPA IGA, or IGA Xpress store within Australia (“Participating Venues”); and then
b) visit www.iga.com.au/thebbq, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, phone number and postcode), the IGA store where the Eligible Transaction was completed, the time and date from the receipt for the Eligible Transaction, and the purchase amount for one (1) of the Eligible Products listed on the receipt.
Proof of purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt.
For the sake of clarity, Foodland in South Australia is NOT a Participating Venue in this Promotion.
The entrant must fill out the online entry form for every entry.
|Participating Products:||Any products from the following ranges:
· Masterfoods ranges
· Heat Beads Briquettes range
· Heat Beads Lump Charcoal Range
|Entries permitted:||Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
a) Limit one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the number of Participating Products in excess of one (1) purchased within the transaction);
b) Maximum of five (5) entries permitted per person each day;
c) Maximum one (1) Major Prize and BBQ Prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents, who are eligible to win multiple prizes); and
d) Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
|Total Prize Pool:||Up to AUD $217,860|
|Prize Conditions:||No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
Applicable to Major Prize Only:
· Exact amount of food and beverages provided as part of the prize is to be determined by the Promoter.
· Prize must be taken on a date/time agreed upon between the Promoter and Shane Jacobson’s management team and is subject to Shane Jacobson’s availability. Prize must be taken no later than 30 April 2018 due to Shane Jacobson’s schedule. If the winner cannot take the prize on the date specified by the Promoter, they will forfeit their right to the prize.
Applicable to BBQ prizes only:
· BBQs awarded as part of the BBQ Prize will be on display in select IGA stores nationally for a 7-9 week duration. BBQ Prizes may be subject to reasonable wear and tear while on display in store/transport to the store, including potential scratches and minor damage. All BBQ Prize winners acknowledge that the BBQ they receive will be a display model and not brand new, and may have slight imperfections due to the aforementioned reasons.
· If substantial damage occurs to a BBQ while on display in store/transport to the store, the Promoter may at its discretion offer the winner a replacement BBQ.
· The BBQs awarded as part of the BBQ Prizes are available for collection from select IGA stores nationally. If the winner resides within a 20km radius of one of these IGA stores they will be required to collect the prize from one of these locations. All costs associated with pick up and delivery of the BBQ to their place of residence will be the winner’s responsibility.
· If the winner resides outside of a 20km radius of one of the aforementioned select IGA stores, the Promoter will instead mail or courier the BBQ Prize to their place of residence in Australia.
|Winner notification:||The winners will be contacted by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The Major Prize winner will be published in The Australian on 09/03/18.|
|Unclaimed Prizes:||The Major Prize must be claimed by 02/04/18 at 5pm AEDT. If the event of an unclaimed Major Prize, the prize will be redrawn on 03/04/18 at 02:30pm AEDT at Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd (TPAL), Level 2, 608 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007. The winner from this re-drawn (if any) will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the re-draw and published in The Australian newspaper on 06/04/18.
BBQ Prize(s) must be claimed by 01/06/18 at 02:30 pm AEST. In the event of an unclaimed BBQ Prize, the prize will be redrawn on 05/06/18 at 02:30 pm AEST at Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd (TPAL), Level 2, 608 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007. The winners of this redraw will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the redraw.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
· The draws will take place at Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd (TPAL), Level 2, 608 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007 at 02:30 pm AEDT on 01/03/18 using computerised random selection.
i) Major Prize Draw: The Major Prize Draw will take place from all entries received during the Promotional Period. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Prize Draw will be the winner of the Major Prize specified in the Schedule above.
ii) IGA/IGA Super Store Prizes Draw: The IGA/IGA Super Store Prizes Draw will take place from all entries received during the Promotional Period. All entries received will be placed in this draw, and a list created based on the order in which each entry is drawn (from first drawn to last drawn). The draw conductor will go through the drawn list of entries and the first valid entry in this list from each IGA/IGA Super store (based on IGA/IGA Super store of purchase) will win a BBQ Prize. For the sake of clarity, there will be one (1) BBQ Prize winner per IGA/IGA Super store nationally.
iii) IGA Xpress Draw: All entries received which nominate IGA Xpress store as the store of purchase will be placed in the IGA Xpress Draw. The first ten (10) valid entries drawn from this group of entries will each win a BBQ Prize.
· The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
· If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
9. Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in How to Enter for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
10. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
11. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
16. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
17. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
18. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
24. Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
27. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 17/02271, NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/19385 and SA Permit No. T17/2118