IGA Win 20k Cash Promotion 2018
- 1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- 2. Entry is open to all residents of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, Australia who are aged 18 years or over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, participating retailers, suppliers, associated entities and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- 3. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
- a. spend $30.00 or more in one (1) transaction from a participating NSW or ACT Supa IGA, IGA or IGA X-press store (the minimum spend amount excludes tobacco, alcohol, iTunes vouchers, gift cards and phone cards – i.e. the purchase of these products will not be considered towards the minimum $30 spend requirement E.g. If a person spends $60 and buys an eligible product but in this purchase they have bought tobacco to the value of $40, the transaction will not be considered eligible as minimum spend would be considered to be $20.);
- b. the transaction must include at least one (1) product from a Participating Brand;
- c. go to the IGA Win Cash Promotion 2018 page at iga.com.au/wincash; and
- d. fully complete and submit the entry form with their details (including title, full name, full address, email address, mobile, name of IGA store purchased from, purchase value, date of purchase and time of purchase).
- 4. For the purpose of this competition, “Participating Brand” means select eligible food brands, as listed in Annexure A below.
- 5. The competition commences at 12.01am on Wednesday, 4th April 2018 (AEST) and closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, 15th May 2018 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
- 6. Multiple entries are permitted during the Promotional Period. Limit one (1) entry permitted per qualifying transaction (regardless of the amount in excess of $30 spent in the transaction). Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
- 7. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Entries received after 11:59pm on Tuesday, 15th May 2018 (AEST) will not be accepted. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- 8. Purchase receipts must be retained as proof of purchase. The Promoter will request the winners to present their purchase receipts before any prize is awarded. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase as a participating store, and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry
- 9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- 10. Any entry that is lodged by automatic, repetitive, robotic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents, including the use of a competition entry service, will be void.
- 11. This competition is a game of chance. All non-winning entries will be rolled over into the next prize draw.
- 12. There are six (6) prize draws with a total of sixty-six (66) prizes (six (6) major prizes and sixty (60) minor prizes) to be awarded during the Promotional Period.
- 13. Each weekly prize draw will take place at 10am (AEST) on the prize draw dates described below at Level 2, 608 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007 by The Trustee for Blue 608 Unit Trust, trading as T.P.A.L (ABN 19 668 780 510). Non-winning entries in each Weekly Draw will be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draw/s. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The first valid entry drawn in each Weekly Draw will win the Major Prize. The next ten (10) valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw will each win the Minor Prize. Entries open and close for each Weekly Draw on the dates and time specified below:
Draw Entries Open Entries Close Draw Date Weekly Draw 1 12.01am AEST on Wednesday 4th April 2018 11.59pm AEST on Tuesday 10th April 2018 11 April 2018 Weekly Draw 2 12.00am AEST on Wednesday 11th April 2018 11.59pm AEST on Tuesday 17th April 2018 18 April 2018 Weekly Draw 3 12.00am AEST on Wednesday 18th April 2018 11.59pm AEST on Tuesday 24th April 2018 26 April 2018 Weekly Draw 4 12.00am AEST on Wednesday 25th April 2018 11.59pm AEST on Tuesday 1st May 2018 2 May 2018 Weekly Draw 5 12.00am AEST on Wednesday 2nd May 2018 11.59pm AEST on Tuesday 8th May 2018 9 May 2018 Weekly Draw 6 12.00am AEST on Wednesday 9th May 2018 11:59pm AEST on Tuesday 15th May 2018 16 May 2018
- 14.The prize draws will occur as follows:
DATE OF PRIZE DRAWS PRIZES TOTAL PRIZE VALUE 11 April 2018;
18 April 2018;
26 April 2018;
2 May 2018;
9 May 2018; and
16 May 2018.
Each week, one (1) winner will receive – one (1) x AUD$20,000.
Cash prize will be awarded either in the form of a cheque made payable to the winner or via EFT to winner’s bank account or an alternative method, as determined by the Promoter.
Each week, ten (10) winners in total, with each winner receiving – one (1) x $250.00 IGA Gift Card.
Each minor prize is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Any additional items related to the prize but are not covered by the prize value are the cost of the winner. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
Total of AUD$20,000 for each major prize winner (inclusive of GST)
Total RRP $250.00 for each minor prize winner (inclusive of GST)
Total RRP for each prize draw is $22,500 (inclusive of GST)
- 15. The total RRP value of all prizes is $135,000 (inclusive of GST). Prize values are based on current RRP at the time of printing/publishing these terms and conditions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for changes in the prize values between the time of printing/publishing these terms and conditions and the ultimate prize redemption.
- 16. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner may wish to seek independent financial advice as to any tax implications arising as a result of accepting the prize.
- 17. Any ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance of the prize, collection and any and all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
- 18. Major and minor prize winners will be notified via telephone within 2 business days of each draw occurring. Major prize winners’ names will also be published on the IGA website (iga.com.au) within 1 week after each draw (i.e. by 18 April 2018, 25 April 2018, 2 May 2018, 9 May 2018, 16 May 2018, 23 May 2018 respectively).
- 19. Delivery of the prizes will be arranged between the winners and the Promoter. If this is not feasible, the Promoter will look to make alternative arrangements where possible.
- 20. Prizes are not variable or transferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- 21. In the event that any prize (or any part of a prize) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize (or the relevant part of the prize) with a prize of equal or greater value.
- 22. If by 11:59am on 20 August 2018 any major or minor prize winner has failed to contact the Promoter, the Promoter will hold a second chance prize draw at 10am on 21 August 2018 at the same location as the original prize draws. Second chance prize draw winners will be notified via telephone within 2 business days of the second chance prize draw occurring. Any major prize winner from the second chance draw will also have their name published on the IGA website (iga.com.au) by 28 August 2018
- 23. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this competition or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 24. Incomplete,indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- 25. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- 26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered (even if caused by negligence) as a result of accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- 27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate in formation or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may modify cancel, terminate or suspend the competition.
- 28. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice and their entry in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- 29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude, or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- 31. As a condition of accepting the prize, each winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- 32. The Promoter is Metcash Food & Grocery Pty Ltd (ABN 67 004 391 422) of 1 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113. Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/17/19572 and ACT Permit No TP 17/02275.
Annexure A – LIST OF PARTICIPATING BRANDS Allens Anticol Cadbury Carnation Cascade CC's Cheezels Chickadees Coca Cola Continental Deep Spring Fancy Feast Fanta Fountain French Fries Friskies Golden Circle Gravox Heinz Jumpy's Kettle Chips La Pasta Lift Lipton Lipton Ice Lucky Dog Maggi Maximus Monster Mother Mount Franklin Napro Natural Chip Co Nescafé Nestlé Nestlé Peters Omo Oreos Pascal's Peters Plaistowe Powerade Pump Purina Rexona Ruffs Samboy San Remo Schwarzkopf Soothers Sprite Streets Sunshine Supercoat Sustagen Taft The Natural Confectionery Co Thins Top 20 Total Care Tresemmé Uncle Tobys V Energy