Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 5 mins
- Preheat a barbecue or large char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil and season. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Spread base of bread with mayonnaise and top with lettuce, beetroot, tomato, pineapple and steak. Top with barbecue sauce. Place bread lid on top and serve.
- Beef rump, sirloin or minute steaks would also work well.
- Use your choice of barbecue or tomato sauce.
- Add a fried egg or sliced red onion to the sandwich, if desired.
- Use fresh pineapple instead of canned, if desired.