PREP 30 MIN | COOK 45 MIN | SERVES 12
- 510g White Wings Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 sheets Pampas Puff Pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup rasberry jam
- 160mL tub dollop cream
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup shaved or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°c / 160°c fan-forced. Grease and line the base of a 20cm square cake pan.
- Prepare cake mix following packet instructions. Fill prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Increase oven to 220°c / 200°c fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Lay a sheet of Pampas pastry on each lined tray then brush with egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then gently flatten pastry with your hands. Set aside to cook completely.
- Trim the top of the cake to make a flat surface, if necessary. Spread half of the jam over 1 sheet of pastry. Top with vanilla cake. Spread remaining jam then cream over cake. Top with remaining pastry.
- Sift cocoa into a bowl. Add half the sachet of frosting mix from vanilla cake mix. Stir to combine. Add milk and mix well until smooth. Pour over pastry, spreading to the edges. Scatter over coconut and refridgerate for 20 minutes.
- Cut lamington slice into rectangles to serve.