- Lamb shoulder or lamb leg (bone-in) would also work well in this recipe.
- Any leftover lamb can be used in a flatbread or wrap with salad for a delicious lunch. Or mix it up, dice any leftover lamb and make a salad bowl to go with any leftover tabouli, dips, pickles and flatbreads.
- Get creative with your choice of Middle Eastern spice blend – you can also buy Baharat or Ras El Hanout spice blend at greengrocers and delis or make your own blend.
- Try using quinoa or cous cous instead of burghul in the tabouli.
You can also try this delicious lamb recipe!
- Lamb loin chops, forequarter chops or chump chops would also work well in this recipe.
- For frenched lamb cutlets, reduce cooking time by half.
- Use your choice of garnishes – coriander or mint would work well as alternative herbs; almonds, hazelnuts or macadamias as alternative nuts. Add an extra drizzle of pomegranate molasses if pomegranate seeds are unavailable or out of season.
- Za’atar spice blend is available at most green grocers or delis; try dukkah as an alternative seasoning.