IGA Refer A Friend – Win An iPhone 13 For You & A Mate
Metcash Trading Limited ABN 61 000 031 569, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 97413000
Start date: 12/01/22 at 10:00 am AEDT
End date: 22/02/22 at 5:00 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian (excluding TAS) residents who are 18 years and over who are subscribed to the Promoter’s database.
Individuals can subscribe to the Promoter’s database via iga.com.au/refer-a-friend or by following the links on the Promoter’s ‘Refer a Friend’ Facebook and print advertisements.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, individuals who are existing subscribers to the Promoter’s database must follow the prompts in the referral email (as sent by the Promoter) to share their unique referral link with a friend. For each friend that follows the unique referral link to access and sign up to the Promoter’s database, the existing subscriber (i.e. the referring friend) will receive one entry into the draw. The referred friend will also be eligible to win a prize.
For the sake of clarity, individuals who sign up to the Promoter’s database during the Promotional Period will also then receive a referral email with their own unique referral link and be able to refer subsequent friends themselves to receive a further entry into the prize draw.
All email addresses must be valid and entrants must remain subscribed to the Promoter’s database up until the date the prize is drawn. In the case that either the referring friend or the referred friend unsubscribes prior to the draw the corresponding referring friend/referred friend’s entry will be declared invalid. Invalid addresses will automatically be disqualified.
One entry will be awarded per person for each referred friend who follows the prompts to sign up to the Promoter’s database.
The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents).
Total Prize Pool:
Prize 1: The prize is an Apple iPhone 13 Midnight 128GB.
The prize will be delivered by mail.
Apple is not a sponsor or participant in this Promotion.
Prize 2: The prize is a $25 IGA gift card, redeemable at Participating IGA Stores.
The prize will be delivered by mail.
Number of this prize
Prize 1 : 2 (one for the referring friend and one for their referred friend)
Prize 2 : 50 (25 prizes allocated to the referring friend and 25 prizes allocated to their referred friend)
Value (per prize)
Prize 1 : AUD$1,349
Prize 2 : AUD$25.00
Prize 1 & 2 : Draw – computerised random selection – 08/03/22 at 12:00 pm AEDT
Gift Card Prize Conditions:
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
The winners will be contacted by email within seven (7) days of the draw. Prize 1 winners will be published at www.iga.com.au/refer-a-friend/ within 5 days of the draw.
Prizes must be claimed by 11/04/22 at 12:00 pm AEST. In the event that Prize 1 is not claimed, the prize will be redrawn on 11/04/22 at 12:00 pm AEST at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner of the redraw will be notified by email within seven (7) days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.iga.com.au/refer-a-friend/ by 18/04/22.
If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at https://www.iga.com.au/terms/.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12:00 pm AEDT on 08/03/22 using computerised random selection.
i) The first valid entry drawn will win Prize 1, as specified in the Schedule above (for both the referring friend and the referred friend).
ii) The next 25 valid entries drawn will win Prize 2, as specified in the Schedule above (for both the referring friend and the referred friend).
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries, in the case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn on.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 21/02084.