Get in the holiday spirit with these tasty Reindeer Bikkies. Packed with the goodness of Weet-Bix and rolled oats, they’re a perfect, fun, and festive addition for your next party.
- For the biscuits:
- 4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix, crushed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 100g margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- For the icing:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Boiling water
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line trays with baking paper.
- Place the Weet-Bix, rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the margarine and golden syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Mix the boiling water and baking soda together then pour into the margarine mixture. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the trays. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Place on a rack to cool.
- To prepare the icing, place the icing sugar, cocoa and margarine in a bowl.
- Add enough boiling water, a little at a time, to get a smooth icing.
- Ice the biscuits and before the icing sets, decorate the bikkies as reindeer by using two pretzels for antlers, a chocolate melt for the mouth, chocolate drops for eyes and a cranberry or raisin for the nose. Attach the cranberry or raisin to the chocolate melt using a little icing.