This colourful vegetarian paella is a true crowd pleaser!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup short-grain white rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To serve:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley
How to make:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and capsicum. Cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes, until slightly soft.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook until mixture begins to darken and thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the green beans, cannellini beans and smoked paprika and mix to coat. Turn the heat down to low. Pour in the rice, vegetable stock, and plenty of black pepper. Mix carefully once to make sure everything is evenly distributed, then stop stirring. Arrange the artichoke hearts and olives on top of the paella, and cover with a lid. Leave to cook over a low heat for around 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and some fresh parsley.