Great way to use up bread before it goes stale
- 12 Slices of Wholemeal Bread, Cut crusts off
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup (250ML) milk
- 1 Leek thinly Sliced
- ½ Punnet of cherry Tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- Sea Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil Spray
- 50g of cubed Community Co Double Brie
- A sprinkle of Community Co Shredded Parmesan
- Chopped chives for Garnish
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Heat small pan on high heat with Oil spray. Add leek and saute until soft and golden.
- After cutting crusts of the bread, use a rolling pin to roll the bread until its thin. Get the kids to help you roll them.
- Lightly spray the muffin tin with oil and then press bread into tin.
- Place bread in a muffin tin. Pop into the oven for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Break eggs into new bowl or jug, add milk, cooked leek, brie, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix with whisk and pour into bread cups.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan.
- Bake for 18 minute or till set and golden.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chives.